Sunday, January 27, 2008

We officially have a baby's room!

Well this weekend Troy and I have been busy little parent-to-be working on getting our little baby's room together. We were so excited to find out on Saturday that Babies R Us actually had our crib and dresser in stock rather than us having to order it and wait for a couple of weeks like I thought we were going to. The only problem was that since we were expecting to have to order the items and wait for them to come in, when we found out that they were there at the store we didn't have any plans for how to get them home and more importantly how to get them up the stairs! The dresser alone came fully assembled and weighed about 140 pounds! We were so fortunate that Steven and Jennifer we able to come out right then and help us. Without their help we couldn't have gotten the furniture home this weekend. Thanks guys!!!

I have been working on the room all weekend and I haven't gotten it finished (obviously no decorations yet since we don't know 100% for sure whether it's a boy or girl) but we got most of the stuff out and I did my first (of MANY I'm sure) load of baby laundry! How exciting!





3 comments:

Traci said...

Wow! Super cute! I went to IKEA yesterday and thought of you. I wanted to buy all the baby toys, sheets, and mobiles! I'm sure it's nice to get some of this stuff ready so you don't have to worry about it later.

Blessed Mommy said...

looks great!! i think we have almost the exact same crib :)

E and K said...

Hey Kristen, it's Kati Carter. The baby room's looking great!